The Freedom Project is looking for entrepreneurial, ambitious, and independent college students who have a desire to teach and mentor 7-9th graders during our Summer Freedom School.
Our interns thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a strong work ethic, and are passionate about learning from our students and developing leaders in the Mississippi Delta.
We have had interns from a variety of colleges including: UNC, Duke, the University of Mississippi, Berea College, William & Mary, NYU, Pomona College, and many more.
9-Week Summer Internship Responsibilities Include:
- 1 week of intensive civil rights and teaching training
- 5 weeks of teaching academic classes and electives
- Leading students in fitness
- 1 week helping facilitate "college camp" at University of Mississippi
- 2 weeks co-leading camping trips to civil rights sites in the south.
Our timeline begins in early January and we are selecting our team until mid-March. Our process is rolling, so please apply early.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.