The Freedom Project is looking for entrepreneurial, ambitious, and independent college students who have a desire to teach and mentor 7-9th graders during our Summer Freedom School.
Our interns thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a strong work ethic, and are passionate about learning from our students and developing leaders in the Mississippi Delta.
We have had interns from a variety of colleges including: UNC, Duke, the University of Mississippi, Berea College, William & Mary, NYU, Pomona College, and many more.
9-Week Summer Internship includes two distinct opportunities:
- 1 week of intensive civil rights and teaching training
- 5 weeks of teaching academic classes and electives
- Leading students in fitness
- 1 week helping facilitate "college camp" at University of Mississippi
- 2 weeks co-leading camping trips to civil rights sites in the south.
Media and Logistics:
- 1 week of intensive civil rights and organizational onboarding
- 5 weeks of documenting Freedom Summer programming and producing promotional media for the SCFP.
- Mentoring Freedom Fellows
- Documenting our 2 weeks of camping trips to civil rights sites and our week at the University of Mississippi.
- Creating year-round media for the SCFP social media pages and for fundraising purposes.
Our timeline begins in early January and we are selecting our team until mid-March. Our process is rolling, so please apply early.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.